You are not alone
People who have experienced sexual abuse or rape often have different feelings or reactions to their situation. These might include:
- Feeling ashamed, guilty or thinking it is your fault
- Having nightmares or flashbacks
- Having problems concentrating
- Trying or wanting to hurt yourself
- Turning to alcohol, drugs or other destructive behaviours to help you cope
It is quite natural to feel like this or to have other reactions. There are various resources which can provide useful information if you want to find out more about these.
On my first visit I was in a black hole of depression. With my counsellor’s help and insight I am at the end of the dark tunnel, looking into the light. The Green House has been amazing for me and I would definitely recommend them to anyone else in their hour of need.