Information For Professionals
How can we help?
At The Green House, we provide a range of therapy and support options to children and young people who have experienced sexual trauma (abuse and/ or assault) and offer support to families and their networks of support in Bristol, BANEs, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
We aim to support a child through therapy as well as through working with the adults around them to understand the impact of sexual abuse/ assault on their lives and how best to support them.
- Our first step after a Request for Support is made is to assess whether we are a suitable service for a child or young person through an initial meeting with key members of a child/ young person’s network of support.
- After this initial meeting, we make an offer of support and/or therapy based on the child or young person’s current presenting needs.
- We also offer network support and consultation to professionals where there is a pre-existing network of care and support around a child or their family.
The Green House now offers a range of individual therapy approaches to children and young people including:
- Creative Arts and Play Therapies (art, drama & movement and play therapy)
- Talking-based counselling/ therapy
- CATT (Child Accelerated Trauma Treatment) which is a NICE guidelines approved trauma-informed CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) approach to trauma processing using creative arts and play-based techniques as well as talking
- Remote Therapy (Young People aged 14 years and above can access Therapy sessions online via Zoom or over the Telephone depending on preference and accessibility to differing technologies).
The Green House now offers shorter and longer-term individual therapy based on our assessment of a child/ young person’s needs and presentation.
We also run a number of groups and projects, which you can find out more about here.